August 5-11, 2018
Twin Cities, MN
- Applicants, whether singers or pianists, must be at least 18 years old as of May 1, 2018. Please note that pianist/singer teams are highly preferred, but not required. If you are applying as an individual, you will be required to be available in the afternoon on August 4, 2018 to rehearse with your duo partner.
- Complete an online application which to include the following materials:
- Repertoire list for Audition
- Links to two (2) audio and/or video recordings of art songs
- Proposed Repertoire list (7) for Source 2018 Master Classes
- Biographical paragraph on each artist (125-150 words)
- Headshot (hi-res) for each artist
- Letter(s) of reference from teachers or prominent artists
- Duo: Either one letter for each (2 total) OR one letter for the duo
- Individual: One letter of reference required
- A representative list of repertoire from the past two years (with and without current partner)
- A non-refundable application fee of $100.00 per team or $55.00 for an individual. Please note: application fees cover costs of the 3rd party artists who review application materials. No application will be processed without this fee.
AUDITION REPERTOIRE SELECTIONS
Two (2) audio and/or video recordings of art songs.
These should be chosen from the standard French, German, Russian, English or Spanish art song repertoire, with one selection being by an American composer. If chosen to participate in the Festival, the songs chosen for the audition do not necessarily have to be the songs the team would like to work on in the Master Classes.
Duo tuition: $1,150
Individual tuition: $600
Program fee goes towards performer fees, venue rentals, workshops, and administrative costs. At this time, we are unable to offer scholarships for applicants.
First deposit will be due May 10, 2018 (50% of tuition) with repertoire choices. Remaining balance due by June 8, 2018 (remaining amount).
Source Song Festival is not able to provide housing or meals for participants, but is willing and able to help participants find local accommodations for reasonable rates.
FESTIVAL REPERTOIRE SELECTION
Source Participants – Each singer-pianist team selected to participate in the Festival will be asked to have seven songs prepared to work on during the week, plus music of a local composer to be selected from a catalogue upon acceptance. Applicants should keep in mind the masterclass teachers in choosing their repertoire. Please note: All repertoire chosen for the festival is required to be memorized and performance ready prior to arrival in the Twin Cities. This includes the MN Composer piece chosen by the duo.
All chosen teams will perform in daily Master Classes and two final recitals – Music of Minnesota and MNDuo Final Recital. Repertoire to be performed on the MNDuo Final Recital will be chosen from songs worked on in the Master Classes.
Notification of Acceptance
Source Participants will be notified by May 1, 2018. Accepted offers are due by May 10, 2018 with a deposit of 50% of tuition with repertoire choices. Repertoire will be discussed between the teams and the Artistic Directors of the Festival. By June 20, 2018, song texts in their original language with a line-by-line translation of finalized repertoire in .doc or .docx form are due to email@example.com.