CALL FOR SCORES
Source Song Festival presents MNSong: Art Song seminars and workshops with composer Libby Larsen
August 5-11, 2018 | Twin Cities, MN
There is no age restriction, but the workshops are intended for emerging composers. All applications must be at least 18 years old as of May 1, 2018.
There is a $25 fee to apply.
There will be a $600 program fee for those selected to participate. Program fee goes towards performer fees, venue rentals, workshops, and administrative costs. If accepted, the first deposit will be due May 15, 2018 (50% of tuition) and the remaining balance will be due by June 8, 2018.
Source Song Festival is not able to provide housing or meals for participants, but is willing and able to help participants find local accommodations for reasonable rates.
- One-on-One lesson with Libby Larsen
- participation in all seminars
- coaching with PROFESSIONAL festival musicians on your song(s)
- performance by professional musicians of your song(s)
- performance recording of your song(s) for future use
- admission to all Source recitals and events
APPLICATION SCORE REQUIREMENTS
Submitted works must be:
- an original song cycle or extended song no longer than 12 minutes
- written for single voice and keyboard
- set to a text written in English (applicants must provide proof of permission for use of all copyrighted texts not in Public Domain)
Application should include:
- Completed Application Form
- A PDF copy of the vocal-piano score(s). Copies must be neat, legible and clearly edited and should include:
- composition title and composer name;
- poet / lyricist’s name and a separate copy of the text;
- person or agency granting text setting permission; and
- length and date of composition
- Audio files are welcome but not mandatory.
- Email (preferred) PDFs the above materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for RECEIVED applications is April 23, 2018.
Notification of acceptance into the program will happen no later than May 1, 2018.
A schedule of planned workshop events will be forthcoming.